The Regulation of the Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, approved in April 2013, set the activity of the Department.
The Department shall:
- promote and coordinate research activities in the Information area and related disciplines, respecting the autonomy of each individual afferent;
- promote and coordinate the educational activities related to undergraduate and master of science degrees, to university master, internships and any other educational program activated by the Department;
- promote Graduate Schools established by the Department, collaborating with them in order to define and achieve educational and research objectives, following the rules provided by the University regulation on PhD Schools;
- contribute to the University educational offer in the disciplines of its competence;
- collaborate with other Departments and Centres for the development of interdisciplinary research areas;
- promote collaboration with similar research and education organizations in Italy and abroad;
- promote and manage the activities related to services, research and cunsulting contracts, and research agreements for third parties;
- organize the research support offices and the offices on advisory and research activities based on contracts or conventions;
- organize scientific seminars, conferences and conferences;
- publish and disseminate the research results achieved and promote innovation based initiatives, such as spin-offs and start-ups;
promote the training of its technical staff.
The Regulations of the Department also provide for a Joint Committee, composed by an equal number of professors and students, which supervises the promoted educational activities.