Living in Trento
With more than 100.000 inhabitants, Trento is a university city and hosts advanced research centres in addition to renowned international cultural institutions.
The cultural and social life is enriched by numerous conferences, meetings, exhibitions, traditional costume festivals, typical markets, historical events, international festivals, theatrical, musical and dancing sessions. These events usually take place both in theatres and in the city centre.
Thanks to its wide range of cultural offerings, the city of Trento is considered an active centre that also keeps a strong bond with tradition. The different services provided to citizens make Trento one of the most pleasant cities to live in when compared with other Italian cities.
Because of its geographical position and its strong bond between man and mountain, Trento is often described as an alpine city. Trento also offers a wide range of activities, excursions and the chance to do many sports. Not only; one can also visit Trentino castles, archaeological sites, sanctuaries and the wonderful lakes of the Dolomites.
Cost of living
- University fees are different according to the study course you choose. For an undergraduate degree ("Laurea triennale") fees range between €881.62 to €956.62 per academic year, whereas for a masters course ("Laurea specialistica/magistrale") between €931.62 and €1,006.62 per academic year;
- Price per person/month for accommodation in Opera Universitaria lodgings:
- €180.00 in a double-bedroom - €220.00 in single room (for students on accomodation shortlist)
- €250.00 in a double-bedroom - €290.00 in a single room (for other students)
- €305.00 in a double-bedroom - €345.00 in a single room (for post doc students and researchers)
- For a place in a double bedroom in a private house: from €250.00 to €350.00/month + €150.00/month for the general expenses: water, electricity, heating, etc.;
- For a mini flat for 1-2 people: from €500.00 to €800.00/month + €250.00/month for the general expenses: water, electricity, heating, etc.;
- For meals in a university cafeteria: approximately €200.00/month (€4.00/meal, €3.50/reduced meal);
It is highly recommended that you can count on an amount of €650.00/€700.00 per month.
For further information about costs of living in Trento, please consult the University Welcome Office web page.
Agenzia del lavoro (work agency)
Azienda Provinciale per i Servizi Sanitari (Provincial health Services)- Trento District, tel. 0461 217111
Provincia Autonoma di Trento
Questura (Police headquarters) tel. 0461 899511
Regione Autonoma Trentino Alto Adige
Trentino Servizi (waterworks, sewage system, gas, rubbish collection, electricity) tel. 800847028/0461 362222
Trentino Spa (Trentino corporation)